Writing quality and interesting content is a choice. You can choose to allocate the time needed to work on creating quality content and building a good brand. Or you can choose to take the easy way and write modest content, a choice that ends up hurting you because it will only waste time and energy. The choice for content marketers is obvious. To increase your SEO ranking, get traffic and leads, you need to create interesting and quality content for your blog or website. When you write original content, search engines will help your site get more exposure. Google doesn’t like it and will penalize sites with duplicate content. On the other hand, Google wants to reward high-quality sites that contain original content. So engaging content not only makes your website better, but it also increases your site’s ranking, which can have a very positive impact on your business.
Characteristics of Quality Content
Before discussing how to create interesting content, you need to know the characteristics of quality articles. If your content meets all of these standards you are off to a good start.
Quality Content Easy to Find (Findable)
The content you write will be in vain if no one reads it. Therefore, your content should be easy to find in at least two ways:
- From within your site. When someone is already on your site, they should be able to find your latest and greatest content.
- From outside your site. This means through search engines. People who don’t know you or your website should be able to find content through a Google search.
The best way to be found by search engines is to match content with relevant keywords. Then optimize the content for these keywords.
Quality Content Can Be Shared (Shareable)
There are two things that make content shareable:
- People want to share it. When people find really good content, they want to share it, at least include it on the Facebook timeline.
- Content is easy to share. Make it easy for people to share your content.
Here are some basics about shareable content:
- Start with something really good. Would you like to share it? If you’re embarrassed to tell your friends what you just posted, it means your content isn’t good enough.
- Allocate time for “framing.” This means headlines, images, and sections that appear on Facebook. The more people who see your headline and are interested, the more likely they will click and read. This maximizes their potential by sharing it on their network.
- Use easy sharing tools. Use what you need to encourage readers to share your content.
Quality Content Easy to Read (Readable)
Readability is very important for text. Nice design and good writing-related in it. From a design perspective, legible content is light on the eye, so keep the following factors in mind:
- Text size
- Text and background color. For example, red on a black background is not a good idea.
- Column area. Too broad will lead the reader astray when moving back to the left margin
- Leading (the vertical distance between the lines is not too close).
Good Content Always Remember (Memorable)
Good content not only entertains you for 2 minutes and then goes out of your mind, but makes you revisit it, and recommend it to friends or colleagues. You can make the content more memorable by making sure to answer the question, “So what?” or by creating content that doesn’t just copy what other people have already said.
How to Create Interesting and Quality Content
Whatever your reason for having a website, be it for business or personal hobbies, it is very important to run it properly. Now, we’ll share some tips for developing quality content. First, we need to look at what makes a quality content. Here’s how to create engaging content for you:
Create Original Content
As mentioned above, original content resonates with Google and your site’s visitors. Plagiarizing other people’s content will result in a penalty from Google that can take you back to square one. Learn more about writing content to increase site rankings. Original also means originality. Your idea must be original. Using the same concept or post, again and again, is unoriginal. When your content is published, no one will link to it, and this goes against the purpose of writing content in the first place.
Focus on Creating Strong Headlines
A good headline arouses interest and invites readers. Consider the following statistics:
- 80 percent of people will read your headline
- But only 20 percent of those people will read your entire content.
This is what makes your headline as important as the article itself.
Can Give Answers
What is the ultimate goal of a search engine? Your answer is correct when you say “To provide several answers.” Google is good at this. Type a question into Google and you will be presented with links, images and videos. When people use search engines, what they want is answers, and it is the search engine’s job to provide answers. Similarly, when people read a blog post, view an infographic, or watch a video, they want answers to gain knowledge. One important tip for you, people not only want answers, they want answers fast. So make your content easy to read so people can catch the important bits quickly. Try reading the title or subtitle of a non-fiction book or article. Readers will be made to wonder or feel curious. It is the author’s job to provide answers and provide supporting information.
Accurate in Reporting and Retrieving Information
You write an article for a company blog, hundreds of people read it but it turns out that what you wrote is not accurate. You can imagine the negative impact on your company and your reputation. Remember, your blog is a reflection of your company. When something goes wrong with your blog, it has an impact on how people view your product. Every statistic you display must be verified. Many blog posts will provide links to statistics and their sources.
Accuracy builds reader trust. Here are some tips in this regard:
- Consider who you are linking to. Is it a trusted and authoritative source? Providing links to quality websites will build more trust from your readers.
- Provide links to more content. The more you support what you write, the more trustworthy your content will be.
- Create links to other sources and content to help search engines know what your content is about, and how it should be categorized.
Create Engaging Content
Engaging content offers something new, a new perspective, knowledge, something useful, inspiring, or entertaining. Engaging content gives readers something they’ve never seen before. Read our article about the secrets of keywords to rank on Google.
Here are some tips to help you write engaging content:
- Make the reader wonder. This doesn’t mean creating an unfinished post, but includes questions that make readers reflect on how they can apply the knowledge you provide.
- Impressive introductory part. Want to know how quickly people make judgments about a blog post? Most people probably only need to read the first few sentences to determine a post is worth reading. Tell readers why they need to stay on your content and tell them what you’ll cover in this blog post. Make them want to read it.
- People love stories. You can use an anecdote in the introduction or story section of a blog post. Stories can help clarify a point. Whenever possible, add stories to your blog posts. This will make the post more engaging and also help readers learn.
When you provide content that invites a lot of comments, search engines will consider your posts important and update them regularly. This is a great way to get search engines to come back to your site more often.
Communicate Better by Adding Images and Videos
People learn in different ways. Some people learn better by seeing, while others learn better by hearing. To be sure, visual additions make people learn better. Whether an image, video or diagram, can help illustrate your point. Please open any modern book and you will find images used to enhance the reading experience and the lessons of the author. Explore more about tools for adjusting images. Whatever you write, add an image. No one wants to see just paragraphs of text, so add images to build or add value.
Write Short and Tapered Content
One important writing lesson is to limit mistakes. It’s quite challenging and requires some hard work, but it makes your compositions so much better. There’s nothing better than a blog post or article that is short and to the point that contains information. So don’t focus on the word count. Longer blog posts don’t mean better posts. And oftentimes, creating short blog posts is more difficult and more time-consuming than writing as much as you can.
Always Update Your Website Or Blog
Starting a blog or website is a commitment. If you write a few posts and then leave this assignment, you won’t have many new readers or subscribers. Not only that, search engines also don’t like sites that are not regularly updated. If you have a blog or website, you need to update it regularly with quality content. Many sites with the best content are updated regularly. Sites that post more frequently have a stronger wave of visitors. Writing quality and interesting content is not easy, but it will be easier when you write something you have a passion for. The great thing about content is that it is timeless. You can write something today and 3 years from now what you write will still be seen and shared by people, which brings traffic back to your site.